Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Final Countdown with Eleven Poppers Popping


http://

Well you might think of that as is a weird title (check the video I've attached) but I think that's what bests describes how we are feeling today. Today is our last day of exams of this term before we head to our respective homes for Christmas. The Final Countdown has been somewhat of our theme song in class the past little while, as the final countdown to this term. And as the twelve days of Christmas are upon us, the eleven of us are popping with excitement that we get to spend the next while with our families and loved ones. Popping with relief that this term is finally over with only one term to go. And finally, popping with nervousness in that today we are about to take part in a practical exam that is to somewhat mock what we might encounter in our Certification exams in 2 1/2 years, and convey to our examiners everything we have learned in the past few months. I'm thinking, if I'm this nervous for this little exam that is worth 10% of our Prosthetics grade, how nervous am I going to be at the Certification exams when it's worth my future?

http://

However, this term has been great, for that a special thanks has to go out to Jamie Little and Dave Moe, who have been teaching us Trans-Femoral Prosthetics this past term and have done a great job, Jason who is our fearless leader and of course Desmond Cook who has been leading us in the lab right from day one and has taught us all so much. Yes even me Dez. Everyone has done a fabulous job with all of the clinical projects. I think everything we have learned the past year and a half is all coming together very well, and with one term to go and still so much more to learn i think anyone who is lucky enough to employ any of us, after we have graduated, will be glad they did.



I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and I hope that the New Year brings you Health and Happyness.

No comments: